The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development would like to remind citizens in areas affected by recent tropical events of some important tips for assisting the debris removal process.
- State contractors are only able to remove debris from state right of way.
- Debris on commercial and undeveloped properties will not be removed.
- Bagged debris will not be removed.
- Some areas will require more than one pass and maybe up to three.
- Construction and demolition debris, as well as vegetative debris, is currently being picked up and disposed of properly.
- Debris, such as white goods, engines and other materials that have to be disposed of in a different manner, may be picked up at a separate time and/or sweep.
- Please don’t put debris on power lines, fire hydrants, utility stub outs or anything that would hinder the claw that grabs the debris.
Please be patient as we pick up debris in the impacted areas. Also, you can check www.511la.org
for the latest statistical information, debris routes where there has been a pass, and where planned debris pickup is scheduled.