- Master Plan
A series of Steering Committee and subject-specific Subcommittee meetings held during summer 2012 to discuss and refine the Community Agenda.
The committee process had two primary goals:
- To vet the Action Plan, the implementation element of the Master Plan’s Community Agenda, with community leaders and stakeholders
- To begin to develop the Short Term Work Program, which provides an actionable five-year to-do list for the Parish to begin implementing the vision of the Master Plan
Two sets of technical subcommittee meetings occurred during 2012, June 4 and 5 and August 6 and 7, at 6 pm at the Belle Chasse Lions Club. These meetings were held for the following four subcommittees.
- Business, Economic Development and Tourism Committee
- Coastal Restoration, Levees, Natural Resources and Environmental Committee
- Quality of Life Committee (Housing, Aging, Health, Education, Parks and Recreation)
- Transportation, Infrastructure, and Utilities Committee
Action Plan matrices that were discussed at the June 4 and 5 meetings are posted on the committee sub-pages.
- Action Plan Priorities Memo (PDF) - summary of priority recommendations by planning element
- June 4 - Action Plan Priorities Presentation (PDF) (presented to Steering Committee and Subcommittees)
- June 5 - Short Term Work Program Presentation (PDF) (presented to Subcommittees)
Please note that Open Houses intended for the general public to provide feedback were held in May 2013.