The Land Department provides the following services:
- Assists in mitigation projects
- Conducts quarterly levee inspections and prepares state and federal reports
- Handles levee obstructions and encroachments
- Project management for all local and federal levee projects
- Assists in hurricane emergency preparedness, planning, levee and floodwall closures
- Co-ordinates federal and state property re-locations
- Handles property acquisitions for public improvement projects
- Reviews federal and state permits, requests, etc.
- Right-of-way contact for local, state and federal projects
Army Corps of Engineers
All construction matters concerning river levees and back levees can be reported to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Hotline at 877-427-0345.