To protect, promote and advance the health and safety of our parish community by:
- Providing assistance and information to those who need medical transport and other medical needs during a natural disaster or an emergency event
- Providing assistance and referrals to those seeking information on community outbreaks, Tuberculosis, Family Planning, Sexually Transmitted Disease, and other diseases
- Providing immunizations and immunization records to all age groups within our community
- Work with community partners to identify needs within the community involving social violence, substance abuse, elder abuse, and mental illness, etc.
Vaccines for Children (VFC ) Provider
- The 2019 recommended vaccinations for infants and children are found at the CDC website
- Our goal is to eliminate the spread of vaccine-preventable diseases by increasing vaccine coverage among Plaquemines’ parish residents. We play a key role in responding to vaccine-preventable infectious disease outbreaks
- Provides vaccines at no cost to eligible children and teens, ages 0 to 18, adults and senior citizens
Certified Immunization Records
These records are provided through Louisiana Immunization Network for Kids Statewide (LINKS) LINKS is a confidential computer system that helps you and your doctor keep track of your child’s immunization history. If you would like a copy of your or your child’s immunization record, call the Plaquemines Parish Health Department at 504-934-6690.
The Plaquemines Parish Health Department is a site for condom distribution. Literature and counseling is available by request. Ask to speak to our Public Health Nurse for more information.
"Seniors and Law enforcement Together" addresses the educational and social needs of our parish’s senior citizens. The S.A.L.T. program hosts quarterly seminars where the board members and seniors come together for a time of fellowship and education.
Plaquemines Children & Youth Planning
This group collaborates with local public and private partners to enhance, and enlarge its capacity for assisting youth in Plaquemines Parish.
Council on Aging
This program enhances our senior’s choice for independence and to provide delivery of nutritional services throughout the parish.
Preventative Health Information is provided as a resource concerning our community. Information provided includes health promotion, diabetes, heart disease, stroke, infectious disease, early childhood and school health, tobacco control, healthy aging, and healthy eating. The health department is an active community partner with Well Ahead Louisiana.
Family Planning & Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) Testing
For Family Planning and STD Testing, please visit the Jefferson Parish Health Department or call 504-349-8802 to schedule an appointment. You may also visit the Plaquemines Medical Center or call 504-564-3344 and Belle Chasse Community Health Center or call 504-398-1100.
For Tuberculosis (TB) Testing, work requested physicals, and school requested physicals, please call Plaquemines Medical Center at 504-564-3344 or call the Belle Chasse Community Health Center at 504-398-1100.
For a copy of a birth certificate, visit Vital Records or the Plaquemines Parish Clerk of Court.
Our Plaquemines Parish Health Nurse works alongside the Louisiana Department of Health to assist those who are need of safe evacuation of bed-bound residents. Below is the Parish’s announcement on bed-bound patients seeking evacuations assistance.