Plaquemines CARE Center is offering free tax preparation services through a collaborative effort with the United Way of Southeast Louisiana and their certified volunteers.
Free tax preparation is currently available at the Plaquemines Community CARE Center, 115 Keating Drive in Belle Chasse, through April 12, 2017.
The VITA program offers free tax help to individuals and families who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.
Free tax preparation will be provided on Mondays and Fridays between 9am-1pm, and Wednesdays between 9am-11am. Free tax preparation will also be available on Saturday, April 1, from 9am-12noon.
Volunteers will prepare:
- Wages, salaries, etc. (Form W-2)
- Interest Income (Form 1099-INT)
- Dividends Received (Form 1099-DIV)
- State Tax Refunds (Form 1099-G)
- Unemployment Benefits (Form 1099-G)
- IRA Distributions (Form 1099-R)
- Pension Income (Forms 1099-R, RRB-1099, CSA-1099)
- Social Security Benefits (Form SSA-1099)
- Simple Capital Gain/Loss (Form 1099-B)
- Sale of Home (Form 1099-S) limited
- Self-employed Income (Form 1099-MISC) limited
- Gambling Winnings (Form W-2G)
- Cancellation of Debt (Form 1099-C) limited
- Health Savings Accounts (Form 1099-SA) limited
- Itemized Deductions limited
- Education Credits (Form 1098-T)
- Child Tax Credit
- Earned Income Credit
- ACA Statements (Forms 1095-A, B or C)
- Prior Year and Amended Returns limited
CLICK HERE (For more information)