A series of Steering Committee and subject-specific Subcommittee meetings held during summer 2012 to discuss and refine the Community Agenda.
The committee process had two primary goals:
- To vet the Action Plan, the implementation element of the Master Plan’s Community Agenda, with community leaders and stakeholders; and
- To begin to develop the Short Term Work Program, which provides an actionable five-year to-do list for the Parish to begin implementing the vision of the Master Plan.
Two sets of technical subcommittee meetings occurred during 2012, June 4 & 5 and August 6 & 7, at 6:00 pm at the Belle Chasse Lions Club. These meetings were held for the following four subcommittees.
- Transportation, Infrastructure, and Utilities Committee
- Coastal Restoration, Levees, Natural Resources and Environmental Committee
- Business, Economic Development and Tourism Committee
- Quality of Life Committee (Housing, Aging, Health, Education, Parks & Recreation)
Action Plan matrices that were discussed at the June 4 and 5 meetings are posted on the committee sub-pages.
- June 4 – Action Plan Priorities Presentation (presented to Steering Committee & Subcommittees)
- June 5 – Short Term Work Program Presentation (presented to Subcommittees)
Action Plan Priorities Memo – summary of priority recommendations by planning element
Please note that Open Houses intended for the general public to provide feedback were held in May 2013. See the Participate! page for more information.