Plaquemines Parish thanks you for your participation and input!
The Master Plan is an important document that will guide Parish decisions for the future. These decisions will impact your daily life. Because of this, the Parish encourages your participation.
Planning and Zoning Board Public Hearings (Dates & Times TBD)
Parish Council Public Hearing and Discussion for Adoption (Date & Times TBD)
Open Houses May 2013
The Parish hosted Open Houses on May 10-11 and May 17-18 throughout the parish to present the draft Community Agenda and Action Plan to the public. Community members had the opportunity to provide feedback and suggest improvements to the draft Comprehensive Master Plan prior to its finalization.
Meeting Dates, Times, and Locations
- May 10 (4pm-6pm) Percy Griffin Community Center
- May 11 (9am-11am) Braithwaite Auditorium
- May 11 (1pm-3pm) Belle Chasse Library
- May 17 (4pm-6pm) Buras Community Center
- May 18 (9am-11am) Port Sulphur Community Center
- May 18 (1pm-3pm) Belle Chasse Middle School Gym
Visioning Workshops (May and June 2010)
Visioning Workshops were hosted throughout the parish during May and June 2010 to better understand the unique needs of different areas of the parish as well as the parish as a whole. Input form these workshops is being considered in the development of the Master Plan recommendations.
- Overview Presentation
- Implementation Strategies Presentation
- Perspectives of the Parish (visual boards shown at the meetings)
Virtual Visioning Workshop
Thank you to all who attended the Virtual Visioning Workshop. Results from the online workshop are posted in the appendix of the Visioning Workshop Summary.