333 F. Edward Hebert Blvd, Bldg. 100
Belle Chasse, LA 70037
Mary Ann “Mare” Webster, Secretary
Office Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm Monday – Friday
The Land Department provides the following services:
- Conducts quarterly levee inspections & prepares state and federal reports
- Handles levee obstructions and encroachments
- Assists in mitigation projects
- Project management for all local and federal levee projects.
- Right-of-way contact for local, state and federal projects
- Reviews federal and state permits, requests, etc.
- Handles property acquisitions for public improvement projects
- Co-ordinates federal and state property re-locations
- Assists in hurricane emergency preparedness, planning, levee and floodwall closures
All construction matters concerning river levees and back levees can be reported to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Hot Line at 877-427-0345.