Mission: To provide children vaccinations and seasonal flu vaccinations. To provide assistance and referrals to those seeking information on Tuberculosis, Family Planning, and Sexually Transmitted Diseases. To provide assistance and information to those who may be a special medical needs evacuee during a hurricane.
These services are available Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 4:30 PM. Please call the public health nurse to schedule an appointment:
- Immunizations through VFC (Vaccines for Children) for the following: Tetanus, Diphtheria, Polio, Hepatitis A/B, Influenza, Pneumococcal, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Meningitis, Varicella, Haemophilus Influenza Type B, Pertussis, and Rotavirus.
- Certified Immunization Records through LINKS (Louisiana Immunization Network for Kids Statewide.) LINKS is a confidential computer system that helps you and your doctor keep track of your child’s immunization history.
- Condom Distribution site for condoms. Literature and counseling is available by request. Please ask to speak to our Public Health Nurse.
- Pregnancy Tests (urine samples only) the nurse will talk to you about the results of the pregnancy test and the options open to you. It is important for you to know that the nurse will not make decisions for you or tell you what to do. We will advise you of programs available to you, and try to help you in any way we can.
- Hurricane Preparedness – Our Plaquemines Parish Health Nurse works alongside the Plaquemines Parish EMS to assist those who are need of safe evacuation of bed bound residents. Below is the Parish’s announcement on bed bound patients seeking evacuations assistance:
PLAQUEMINES PARISH GOVERNMENT – HURRICANE PREPAREDNESS
Plaquemines Parish Government, in preparation for the Hurricane Season is issuing the following Public Health Announcement.
“We urge all individuals who have been diagnosed with conditions needing special medical attention, such as; insulin therapy, oxygen therapy, dialysis, cardiac drugs/treatment, etc., to make plans and arrangements WELL IN ADVANCE with your private physician, your clinic, and your family for treatment during a hurricane evacuation. Regular evacuation shelters are not equipped to handle evacuees requiring “special medical attention.”
Any Plaquemines Parish resident who is now totally bed bound and will require assistance during an evacuation is urged to contact us NOW to pre-register.
Responses and/or questions, regarding this announcement are to be directed to the Plaquemines Parish Government, Public Health Nurse, Bonnie Aycock. Contact the Parish Health Department at 504-394-3510.
- For Family Planning and STD Testing, please visit the Jefferson Parish Health Dept. at 1855 Ames Blvd., Marrero, LA or call 504-349-8802 to schedule an appointment. You may also visit Plaquemines Medical Center at 26851 Louisiana 23, Port Sulphur, LA 70083 or call 504-564-3344.
- For TB (Tuberculosis) Testing, work requested physicals, and school requested physicals, please call Plaquemines Medical Center at 504-564-3344 or call Belle Chasse Community Health Center at 504-398-1100.
- For Vital Records, please visit www.vitalrecords.dhh.la.gov or www.plaqueminesparishclerkofcourt.com